LOUISIANA STATE SURPLUS PROPERTY AUCTION
Brown’s Auction Company
BUYER REGISTRATION AGREEMENT
This sale will be conducted by Brown’s Auction Company (hereafter referred to as ”Auctioneer”). The auction is open to public, but all persons wishing to participate by bidding on any of the items must register with the cashier, sign the Registration Agreement and obtain a bid card number. By signing this agreement, bidder is in agreement with and bound by the Terms and Conditions.
1. All items will be sold as, where is. Auctioneer and seller make no representation or warranty, expressed or implied, on the items for sale and does further state the items are to be sold “AS IS, WHERE IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE. The buyer acknowledges that he is relying solely on his or her inspection, and accepts all responsibility for examining any item offered for sale.
2. ALL SALES FINAL. NO REFUNDS
3. The item is sold when the auctioneer declares to the sales clerk the item’s number, bid card number and accepted bid amount. Buyer must pay for each item upon which his bid is accepted by the Auctioneer’s declaration to the sale clerk.
4. All items purchased must be paid for in full on the day of the auction. Cash, cashier’s checks, certified checks, money orders and credit cards will be accepted. No out of state checks will be accepted. Business or Personal checks will be accepted with proper identification. All checks are made payable to Brown’s Auction Company. A 5% handling fee will be charged on all payments other than cash, cashier’s check, or business or personal checks presented with a current bank letter guaranteeing payment. The letter must be good for 14 business days from date of letter.
5. Buyer’s Responsibilities: Buyer assumes full responsibility for all items purchased when the auctioneer declares it sold. Any winning bidder that does not pay for and claim item will not be allowed to register at future auctions and furthermore, items that are paid for but not removed will also cause same consequence for buyer. Auctioneer is not responsible for security of items purchased, which include lost, stolen or damaged items. Items left on the premises are at their own risk.
6. Sales tax will be charged unless the buyer has a current dealers resale certificate that is presented upon registration.
7. Removal of items on Sale Day and Monday through Wednesday following sale.
8. The buyer hereby assumes and does agree to indemnify and hold harmless the auctioneer and sellers from any current or future claim which shall pertain to the fitness, use, damage, safety, injuries to persons or property that may have occurred during the auction or that may have been caused by or during removal or use of items purchased. Neither auctioneer nor Seller assumes responsibility for any accidents or loss due to theft, fire, vandalism, or personal injury.
9. Buyer assumes responsibility for the items that have been paid for and left on the premises, including but not limited to, risk of damage, liability caused by said item, and removal of said item. Any expenses associated with the removal of said item will be billed to purchaser and will be considered a legal binding obligation.
Announcement:Information contained herein is presented on behalf of the seller. United Country Brown's Auction and Realty Company, agent for the seller, cannot guarantee the information to be correct or assume the liabilities for errors and omissions. All lines drawn on maps are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their own satisfaction. Any announcements made from the auction block on day of auction will take precedence over any matter of print and will be final.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: In observance of Martin Luther King Day, the State offices will be closed Monday, January 16th. The load out days for this auction will be Tuesday 17th -Thursday 19th.
Vehicles, Farm & Ag Equip, Heavy Construction Equip, Boats & Marine Items, ATVs, Industrial Machinery, Computers, Medical Equip, Office Furniture, and Much More.
“Ring 1″ will start inside with computers at 8:00 AM. “Ring 2″ will start outside with vehicles at 10:00 AM. Both rings will continue selling simultaneously. Pre-registration and inspection will be held Wednesday – Friday, Jan. 11th, 12th, & 13th, from 8:00 AM- 4:00 PM. Registration on auction day begins at 7:00 AM. All items must be paid in full on auction day within one hour after the auction has ended. Payments must be made in cash, check, or credit card. A 5% handling fee on credit cards will be collected. A 5% handling fee on checks without a Letter of Guarantee will be collected. Pickup for this auction will be Tuesday - Thursday, Jan. 17th, 18th, & 19th from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Example Bank Letter of Guarantee
( YOUR BANKS LETTERHEAD AND CONTACT INFORMATION )
(BUYER) __________________________, currently banks with us and plans to attend your auction on __________________________. (date/time/location)
(BANK)_____________________ will irrevocably honor and guarantee payment on any check(s) written by (BUYER) ___________________ up to the amount of $________________ and drawn on account number_________________. This commitment to assure payment on the aforementioned account number expires on _________________. (Seven business days after the sale)
(Bank Officer Signature)